Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Fayetteville Medical Malpractice Lawyers
When someone calls himself or herself a professional, he or she is setting an expectation that that they will abide by appropriate standards of care. When health care providers fall short of these standards and injuries result, the negligent parties must be held responsible.
Attorneys Matt and Billy Richardson have been fighting for families in Medical Malpractice cases in Cumberland County and Southeastern, North Carolina for decades. Our office is in Fayetteville, but we serve families across North Carolina, and we’ve litigated cases in multiple counties throughout the state.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a doctor, dentist, nurse, or other health care professional’s failure to meet the standards of his or her field, you may be able entitled to financial compensation. The attorneys at The Richardson Firm are here to help.
Common Types of Medical Negligence in North Carolina
Medical malpractice is a serious issue that can have devastating consequences on patients and their families. Our law firm, located in the heart of Fayetteville, North Carolina, is extremely proficient on this subject matter, and we handle cases involving a wide variety of medical errors.
- Misdiagnosis: This refers to any instance where a medical professional diagnoses the wrong condition or illness, which results in inappropriate treatment or lack of treatment, potentially worsening the patient’s health.
- Failure to Diagnose: Similar to a misdiagnosis, this occurs when a medical professional fails to recognize and diagnose a health problem altogether, also leading to inappropriate or no treatment.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical procedures carry inherent risks, but surgical errors are preventable complications that happen due to negligence. This includes operating on the wrong body part, leaving surgical instruments inside patients, or making preventable injuries during the procedure.
- Medication Errors: These errors are preventable incidents related to administering medication and can happen at any stage, including prescribing, dispensing, or monitoring the impact on the patient.
- Pregnancy or Childbirth Errors: Negligence can occur in various ways during pregnancy and childbirth, including improper prenatal care, failure to perform necessary C-sections, or injuries to the child during delivery.
- Emergency Room Errors: Often caused by the fast-paced nature of ERs, these errors can include misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, or incorrect treatment of symptoms.
- Failure to get Informed Consent: This happens when a healthcare provider doesn’t clearly communicate a patient’s diagnosis; risks, benefits, and alternatives to a proposed treatment or procedure; and fails to get the patient’s written consent before proceeding.
Whom to Sue for Medical Malpractice
Navigating the world of healthcare can be complex. When medical professionals fail to provide an adequate level of care and patients are injured as a result, it can be devastating. At our Fayetteville, North Carolina law firm, we stand ready to assist victims of medical malpractice.
- Doctor: A physician is often the first line of defense in healthcare, making them the most common defendants in medical malpractice cases. These cases can include misdiagnoses, surgical errors, prescription mistakes, or simply failing to deliver the standard level of care required by their profession.
- Nurse: While nurses might not hold the same level of responsibility as doctors, they still play a vital role in patient care. They can be held accountable for errors in medication administration, incorrect documentation, failure in monitoring vital signs, or causing injuries due to improper care.
- Therapist: Physical therapists, occupational therapists, and other related professionals can be held liable for causing injury due to incorrect treatment or negligence in post-operative care, or failing to monitor patient progress correctly.
- Hospital: Sometimes, the organization itself is at fault. This could be due to systemic errors, inadequate staffing, improper training, or failure to enforce compliance with healthcare standards.
- Pharmacist or Pharmacy: These defendants can be held responsible for authoritative errors such as improper medication dispensing, providing incorrect dosage instructions, or failing to warn about potential adverse effects of a medication.
Victims of medical malpractice deserve justice and compensation for their suffering. We offer comprehensive legal services aimed at uncovering the truth and securing the outcome our clients are entitled to by law. Our knowledgeable team is approachable and ready to help. Trust us to represent you in your fight for justice.
Common Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice
At our law firm nestled in the heart of Fayetteville, North Carolina, we work diligently to provide steadfast representation for victims of medical malpractice. The scope of injuries sustained as a result of medical negligence is vast, encompassing:
- Brain Injuries: These can be the result of surgical errors, failure to diagnose strokes or tumors, or errors in administering anesthesia. This could lead to devastating lifetime disabilities or impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Resulting from errors during surgery, these injuries can lead to paralysis, loss of strength, mobility difficulties or potentially life-altering conditions.
- Burn Injuries: These could be the outcome of errors during electrical medical procedures, flammable disinfectant usage, or improper use of heating pads in recovery rooms.
- Birth Injuries: Negligence in prenatal care or during the birthing process could lead to cerebral palsy, developmental issues, or other physical impairments.
- Internal Organ Damage: Medical blunders may cause injuries to internal organs which could have catastrophic health repercussions and may remain hidden until the damage becomes apparent.
- Infections: Preventable infections are often caused by poor sterilization practices, improper post-operative care or unclean hospital environments.
- Amputations: Wrong-site surgery or misdiagnosis might lead to unnecessary amputations, dramatically impacting the quality of a patient’s life.
It is imperative to remember that at times, these injuries may prove fatal. Wrongful death claims related to medical malpractice are a key area of our firm’s focus, as we work to provide justice and closure to affected families.
Fayetteville Birth Injury Attorneys
After undergoing a lengthy pregnancy, a mother should be treated with the utmost care by her medical providers when the time comes to deliver her child. However, in our crowded and under-funded health care system in Fayetteville and Southeastern, North Carolina, the medical providers often fall short of the standard of care. When delivery doctors, nurses and other medical professionals make mistakes, your child could suffer serious and permanent injury.
These injuries can place life-long financial burdens on a family. The cost to care for a child with special needs can be overwhelming. Depending on his or her condition, your child may need money for:
- Special Education
- Home Modifications
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- In-Home Medical Care or Nursing
If you have a question about the delivery of your child or you are interested in pursuing a malpractice claim, please contact us today. We have a reputation as fierce advocates for families, and we will be proud to take on negligent physicians, nurses, and their insurance companies on your behalf.
North Carolina Malpractice Lawyers
The professional malpractice lawyers at The Richardson Firm, PLLC, have been representing clients in a wide range of malpractice claims for many years. We pursue claims against:
- Medical professionals
- Dental professionals
- Surveyor professionals
- Legal professionals
- Accounting professionals
- Pharmaceutical professionals
Malpractice can lead to colossal physical and financial injury. We know that you are suffering and that you need an attorney who will advocate aggressively on your behalf. To that end, we will put our experience to work as we help you pursue your malpractice claim from start to finish.
Contact Our Fayetteville Malpractice Lawyers Today!
If you suspect that you are a victim of malpractice or negligence, contact one of our malpractice lawyers immediately. To start your free consultation, contact our Fayetteville law firm by calling (910) 488-5050 today or fill out a simple contact form below!
The experienced attorneys at The Richardson Firm, PLLC, proudly represent individuals in personal injury cases in Fayetteville and surrounding North Carolina cities, including Clinton, Fort Liberty, Spring Lake, Whiteville, Sanford, Lumberton, Dunn, and beyond.
“The Richardson law firm is outstanding! From their courteous and efficient office staff to their knowledgeable lawyers. Both in accident injury and criminal disputes, we were lucky to have them represent our family. Their kindness and...”
“I highly recommend this firm if you're looking for an attorney in Cumberland County. My traffic matter was handled within one week of receiving my citation. You just cannot beat that. Attorney Patrick Anstead is really good at his job and Melissa is very...
“If you are looking for an Attorney for handling Military reasons for your loved one, I Highly recommend The Richardson Law Firm. I cannot not thank Attorney Kris Poppe and staff enough for handling matters for my son. May my review show my forever...”
I was facing a serious felony charge looking at 20 years. As soon as I stepped in the office, the staff were very polite and professional and took care of my case as if it was their own. I ended up walking away with a misdemeanor and a year probation. This law...
This law firm is the best! Thank you Mr. Poppy & his assistant Melissa for handling my case with compassion and kindness. I could always call Melissa and Kris was there anytime I needed to see him. It was a very serious case, thank God I had someone on my side...
Being in need of legal representation, I contacted Mr. Matthew Richardson after he was recommended to me by a friend. Mr. Richardson and his paralegal, Ms. Codia DiTarana-Evans were pleasant to work with and did an excellent job taking care of my legal needs.
Matt Richardson was extremely helpful in giving legal advice. He had our best interest in mind. He was detail oriented, and made us a priority. I highly recommend his practice for all legal matters big or small.
Fill out the contact form or call us at (910) 488-5050 to schedule your consultation.